"TRETOWER, a parcel in the parish of Llanfihangel-Cwmdu, hundred of Crickhowell, county Brecon, 3 miles from Crickhowell, its post town, and 9 from Talgarth. It is situated on the Rhiangoll, a branch of the river Usk. In the vicinity are Gaer Camp, on the Via Julia, the Vaughans' old seat, and a ruined castle. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David, value £64. The church is dedicated to St. John the Evangelist."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|