Davies, Roy G. The house with a soul : records of the Parrys of Tretower Court. Bristol : Tockington, c2002. 137p
Humphreys, D W. A Vaughan tombstone at Tretower Court. Brycheiniog 27 (1994-95), p. 65-8
Radford, C A Ralegh. Tretower Court and castle. Cardiff : Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments, 1985. 28p, Rev ed. First published : Cardiff, H.M.S.O., 1969.
Robinson, David. Llys Tretwr : diosg y blynyddoedd. Etifeddiaeth y Cymro. 1 (Gwanwyn 1995), p. 20-22
The Picards or Pychards of Stradewy (now Tretower) Castle, and Scethrog, Brecknockshire, Ocle Pichard, Almaly, Staunton-on-Wye, Over Letton, Merston, Bredwardine, Hopton Hagurnel in Great Cowarne, Bishop's Stanford, Cradley, Pengethley, etc., Herefordshire, Sapey Pichard, and Suckley, Worcestershire : with some account of the family of Sapy, of Upper Sapey, Herefordshire. London : Golding and Lawrence, 1878. 183p
St John the Evangelist Church, Tretower on the Brecknockshire Churches Survey site.
Formed out of Llanfihangel Cwm-du. PR include CB at Glanusk's private chapel, Penmeiarth.
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website.
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
Return to top
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|