Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Bodferin Parish; Statistics; Area 511 acres; Population 29 males, 29 females, total 57
No return submitted (church decayed and ruined - Lewis 1849)
BODVERIN (BOD-FERIN), a parish in the hundred of COMMITMAEN, Lleyn division of the county of CARNARVON, NORTH WALES, 14 miles (W.by S.) from Pwllheli, containing 56 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the shore of the Irish sea, and is of very small extent : it contains within its limits two small creeks, called Porth Verin and Porth Iago, and there is a well, called Fynnon Bibau, near Trevgraig, which is the source of the river Daron. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llaniestyn, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Bangor. The ancient church, dedicated to St. Merin, fell into decay after the Reformation, and the site of the building and the churchyard, which were visible within the last few years, have been recently obliterated by the plough. The inhabitants attend divine service in the parish church of Llangwnadl, where all the ecclesiastical rites for this parish are performed. On the side of a hill, called Mynydd Moelvre, or Mynydd yr Ystum, are the ruins of an ancient chapel, named Capel Odo ; and in the vicinity there is a tumulus, called Bedd Odo, or Odo's grave, which, according to tradition, covers the remains of a giant of that name. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor is £24. 1. ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)
Penygraig Papers - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"Papers relating to Penygraig, Bodferin, 1826-1921, including letters to John Williams and family, 1828-1873, especially from Thomas W. Jones in New York state; records relating to the Churchwardens and Overseers of the Poor, Bodferin, 1841-1849, including orders for payments to the Treasurer of the Pwllheli Poor Law Union; records of Cymdeithasfa y Trefnyddion Calfinaidd (Association of Calvinistic Methodists), 1845-1886; diaries of John Williams, 1838-1866; and sale catalogues, 1912-1921"