Rees, Thomas & John Thomas.Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Conwy chapel (in Welsh ) - with a translation by Eleri Rowlands (April 2011)
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Conway Parish and Borough; Statistics; Area 2437 acres; Population 730 males, 798 females, total 1528
- Conway Parish Church Attendance - morning 98 + 114 scholars, afternoon 52 Services in Welsh and English Morgan Morgan, Vicar
- Carmel, Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1828 Attendance - morning 175, afternoon 174 scholars, evening 275 John Williams, Deacon, Cyffredin, nr Conway
- Sion Chapel, Independent Erected 1824 Attendance - morning 60 scholars, afternoon 150, evening 130 Henry Edwards, Deacon, Grossfford Bodidda, nr Conway
- Tabernacle, Chapel St, Wesleyan Methodist Erected 1826 Attendance - morning 88 inc 40 scholars, afternoon 195 scholars, evening 250 inc 180 scholars William Bridge, Class Leader, Bookseller
- Mount Chapel Chapel, Particular Baptists Erected 1850 Attendance- morning 6 scholars, afternoon 33, evening 25 John Jones, Baptist Preacher