Solomon Andrews Papers 1749-1985
"Records relating to Solomon Andrews & Son's business interests, mainly in Pwllheli, Caernarfonshire, and Arthog, Merionethshire........"
Pwllheli and District Trades Council Papers 1956-1964
Papers of Ebenezer Morris Roberts, of Penlan Street, Pwllheli, Solicitor 1747-1873
Papers of William Jones and Son, Pwllheli
"Including; Records of William Jones and Son, timber yard, Pwllheli. 1843-[c.1965]; ...... British and Foreign Bible Society, Pwllheli Auxiliary Branch records, 1843-1908; ...... Pwllheli Church Expenses Fund records, 1906-1910...."
John Lewis Williams Papers [c.1802]-1974
" ...... a dispensing chemist and optician at Mona Pharmacy, High Street, Pwllheli .......papers include annual reports and related records of Penlan Chapel, Pwllheli, [c.1894]-1974...."
Capel y Drindod, Presbyterian chapel, Pwllheli (formerly Pen-mownt Welsh CM chapel, Pwllheli)
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Pwllheli chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (June 2013)
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Pwllheli Borough in Denio Parish; Statistics; Area 1278 acres; Population 1063 males, 1268 females, total 2331
Pwllheli St Peter's Parish Church (Denio) Consecrated 1833 Attendance - morning 124 + 18 scholars, evening 111 + 13 scholars "Perpetual curacy annexed gto the vicarage of Llannor - Lewis 1849" Thos. Jones, Vicar
The return also mentions a missing return for "Church of England" [?]
Penymount Chapel, Calvinistic Methodist Re-erected the 4th time 1842 Attendance - average - morning 650, afternoon 461 scholars, evening 1100 Owen Edwards, Elder, Draper
Penlan Chapel, Goal [Gaol?] St, Independent Erected 1814 Attendance - morning 118 scholars, afternoon 171, evening 144 "The present Chapel is the third erected on or near the same site. The second was recorded AD 1741 and the first is supposed to have been erected about the year 1650 " Rees Philpot Griffith, Independent Minister
Wesley St Chapel, Wesleyan Methodist Erected 1804 Attendance - morning 92, afternoon 146 scholars, evening 206 Robert Jones, Wesleyan Minister
Ifan Pugh, Journalist, Pwllheli, Collection 1938-1978
"...... was a journalist and collected newspaper cuttings connected with Pwllheli and the surrounding area....."
Sara Roberts, Pwllheli, Papers
"...including programmes, booklets and other items of Pwllheli interest, [1860s]-1961; copies of The Pwllheli News, 1930-1939; notebooks of Sara Roberts and others relating to Pwllheli [19th century]-[20th century]......"
Pwllheli and Nefyn Light Railway Papers 1903-1907
"Papers relating to a proposal to construct a light railway from Pwllheli to Nefyn and Porth Dinllaen...."
Pwllheli Borough Council, records 1780-1974
"Pwllheli was granted a charter as a free borough by Edward, the Black Prince, in 1355 .........."
Pwllheli Corporation Papers 1883-1908
Pwllheli Toc H Archive 1934-1988
"Toc H was founded after the First World War to promote Christian fellowship and social service....."
Minute Book of Independent Order of Oddfellows 1841 August 10 - 1890 December 30
"The Independent Order of Oddfellows is a fraternal organisation which evolved from the medieval trade guilds in the City of London during the 17th century..........."
Records of Madryn Castle Farm School and Glynllifon Agricultural Institute 1916-1966 - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"Madryn Castle Farm School, Pwllheli was opened in 1913 .... as a technical school. ... It was closed in 1952, and moved to Plas Glynllifon, .... becoming Glynllifon Agricultural Institute. .... It became Glynllifon Agricultural College in 1954, and later became Coleg Glynllifon...."