|Caernarvonshire||Towns & Parishes||Contents|
"DWYGYFYLCHI, a parish in the hundred of Uchaf, in the county of Carnarvon, 2 miles W. of Conway. It is a pleasant little village, situated on the coast. The Holyhead railway passes through the parish The hamlets of Isa-pen and Ucha-pen are within its boundary. Some of the inhabitants are employed in the copper works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor, value £125, in the patronage of H. and L. Eyton, Esqs. The church is dedicated to St. Gwynin. In this neighbourhood are a great number of antiquities, consisting of cromlechs and single upright stones, the remains of a British camp, with ditches and ramparts, &c." [From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Paget, Clara Lady. The caves in Allt Gwyn, Dwygyfylchi, Carnarvonshire in 1896. Cambridge : [Printed by J. Palmer], 1896. 14p
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Dwygyfylchi chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (April 2012)
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Dwygyfylchi Parish; Statistics; Area 5794 acres; Population 467 males, 459 females, total 926
Joyce Hinde has supplied a list of Parish Registers held at the Caernarfon Area Record Office.
Penmaenmawr and Dwygyfylchi - a community site
Dwygyfylchi - on the Anglesey.info site
Post card of Dwygyfylchi, 1906 - on the People's Collection Wales site
Dwygyfylchi - on wicipedia (Welsh)
Dwygyfylchi - on the Old uk photos site
Gwynedd Family History Society have a diagram of the ecclesiastical parishes of Caernarfonshire (under Publications) - with some links to photographs of parish churches
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996