|Caernarvonshire||Towns & Parishes||Contents|
"EGLWYS-FACH, a parish partly in the hundred of Isdulas, county Denbigh, and partly in the hundred of Isaf, county Carnarvon, 7 miles N. of Llanrwst. It is situated on a small tributary of the river Conway, and includes the hamlets of Bodnod, Cefny-loed, Esgorebrill, Pennant, and Maenan. An abbey formerly stood here. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £220, in the patronage of the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. Martin. The parochial charities produce about £35 per annum, £25 of which is for education. Fairs are held on the 24th February, 11th March, 24th August, and 24th November." [From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
See also the Eglwysbach parish page in Denbighshire
Joyce Hinde has supplied a list of Parish Registers held at the Caernarfon Area Record Office.
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996