We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Caernarvonshire - Extra Parochial
"THE ABBEY", an extra-parochial place, in the hundred of Isaf, union of Llanrwst, in the county of Carnarvon, North Wales, 4 miles S. of Conway. It derives its name from a Cistercian priory founded here in 1185 by Llewelyn-ap-Jorworth, but afterwards removed to Maynan.
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
"PRENTEG" ; a place shown on the Kain/Oliver parish map Cd within a detached parish but without a parish name being specified. Nor it is clear from the Gwynedd FHS parish map. It is just north east of Tremadog, appears to be in the same parish as Portreuddyn Castle. Included in Gazetteer under Penmorfa parish only because the 'parish' is shown as completely within the boundaries of Penmorfa parish