GENUKI Home page
Caernarvonshire Caernarvonshire    Parish
Index Towns & Parishes    Contents Contents

Extra-Parochial places for Caernarvonshire

"THE ABBEY", an extra-parochial place, in the hundred of Isaf, union of Llanrwst, in the county of Carnarvon, North Wales, 4 miles S. of Conway. It derives its name from a Cistercian priory founded here in 1185 by Llewelyn-ap-Jorworth, but afterwards removed to Maynan.
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)Transcribed by Colin Hinson 2003]

 

"PRENTEG" ; a place shown on the Kain/Oliver parish map Cd within a detached parish but without a parish name being specified. Nor it is clear from the Gwynedd FHS parish map. It is just north east of Tremadog, appears to be in the same parish as Portreuddyn Castle.


Valid HTML 4.0! [Last updated: 22 May 2005 Gareth Hicks]

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI