Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Chwilog chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (July 2010) Also Rhos-lan chapel - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (May 2011)
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanarmon Parish; Statistics; Area 3753 acres; Population 300 males, 312 females, total 612
- Llanarmon Parochial Church (Consolidated with Llangybi Church) Attendance - average - morning 14, afternoon 12 Services in Welsh St Geo. Armstrong Williams, Minister
- Ysgoldy Brynbach, Calfinistig Methodists Erected 1828 Attendance - morning 91, afternoon 66 scholars, evening 103 John Jones, Deacon, Glan Morfa, Pwllheli
- Capel Pencoed, Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1820 Attendance - morning 110, afternoon 78 scholars, evening 160 Richard Thomas, Deacon, Hendre bach, Pwllheli
- Capel Chwilog, Independents Erected 1835 Attendance - morning 41, afternoon 33 scholars, evening 50 Thomas Griffith, Minister, Capel Helyg, Llangybi
- Tyn y Goes, Wesleyan Methodist Erected 1846 Attendance - morning 29, afternoon 18 scholars, evening 29 Pierce Jones, Deacon, Plas Griffith ap Evan, Pwllheli