A Topographical Dictionary of Wales Samuel Lewis, 1833
LLANBEDROG (LLAN-BEDROG), a parish in the hundred of GAFLOGION, Lleyn division of the county of CARNARVON, NORTH WALES, 4 miles (S. W.) from Pwllheli, containing 459 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the north-western shore of Cardigan bay, near St. Tudwal's Roads in St. George's channel. It has the advantage of a small but secure bay, affording good anchorage for vessels, and maintains a direct communication with Carnarvon, South Wales, Liverpool, and Dublin. The village, which is small, is pleasantly situated in a beautifully picturesque valley, embosomed in mountains, on one of which, partly in the adjoining parish of Llangian, was a well called Fynnon Dduw, or " God's Well," about three yards square, enclosed with a wall from four to five feet high, the waters of which were formerly much esteemed for their efficacy in rheumatic complaints; and adjoining to it was another, about one yard square, from which the invalids used to drink the water. Around this well it was customary for the people of the neighbouring country to assemble for the celebration of rustic sports, but it has now for many years been neglected. Wern-Vawr, the only seat of any importance in this parish, is a spacious and ancient mansion, the property of Colonel Wardle. The living is a rectory, with the perpetual curacies of Llanvihangel - Bachelleth and Llangian annexed, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Bangor, rated in the king's books at £25. 11. 5 1/2., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Bangor.The church, dedicated to St. Pedroc, son of Clement Prince of Cornwall, by whom it is supposed to have been founded in the seventh century, is a small but neat edifice, and was thoroughly repaired in 1827, at an expense of £ 130: in some of the windows are fragments of ancient stained glass. There are places of worship for Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor amounts to £ 199.
(Copied using the Cd published by Archive CD Books