|Caernarvonshire||Towns & Parishes||Contents|
"LLANDRILLO-YN-RHOS, a parish partly in the hundred of Creuddyn, county Carnarvon, and partly in that of Isdulas, county Denbigh, 3 miles N.E. of Conway, its post town, and 8 W. of Abergele. The Colwyn station on the Chester and Holyhead line of railway is about 2 miles S.E. of the village. It is situated on the northern coast, near Little Orme's Head, and W. of Abergele Bay. The parish includes 7 townships, of which Colwyn and Eirias are the principal. The inhabitants are mostly engaged in the fisheries. During the summer months steamers from Liverpool, and occasionally from Carnarvon and Beaumaris, call at the landing-stage of Llandudno." [From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Timothy, Thomas E. Llandrillo-yn-Rhos : a souvenir. Shrewsbury : L. Wilding, 1910. 81p
Venables-Williams, W. An archaeological history of Llandrillo-Yn-Rhos and the immediate neighbourhood. Colwyn Bay : R. E. Jones and Bros., printers, [18--?] 68p
BBC Wales site - The Chapel of St Trillo on the shore
The Ancient Church of Llandrillo yn Rhos
Church of St Trillo - on the CPAT site
Joyce Hinde has supplied a list of Parish Registers held at the Caernarfon Area Record Office.
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996