Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llandudwen Parish; Statistics; Area 1331 acres; Population 66 males, 53 females, total 119
LLANDUDWEN (LLAN-DUDWEN), a parish in the hundred of DINLLAEN, Lleyn division of the county of CARNARVON, NORTH WALES, 5 miles (W. by N.) from Pwllheli, containing 85 inhabitants. The lands in this parish, consisting of about one thousand one hundred and sixty acres, and having for the most part a clayey, though in some places a peaty and gravelly, soil, are generally low and flat, and form the most fertile and best cultivated tract, in this part of the principality. The surrounding scenery is varied ; and among the most striking of the objects which it comprehends is Carn Madrin, at the base of which, within the parish, and occupying a romantic situation, is Madrin, an ancient mansion, now the property and residence of T. P. J. Parry, Esq. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Rhiw, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Bangor. The church, dedicated to St. Tudwen, is a small neat cruciform edifice, in good repair. There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor is £ 51. 2. (A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)