Llandwrog Church - see under Land and Property below
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Pisgah chapel (in Welsh ) Also Moel Tryfan chapel Also Rhosnenan (Gosen) - with translations by Eleri Rowlands (July 2009)
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llandwrog Parish; Statistics; Area 9516 acres; Population 1423 males, 1400 females, total 2823
Llandwrog Parish Church Attendance - morning 75 + 20 scholars, afternoon 18 "Divine Service is performed in English the last Sunday of every month........................the Welsh Congregation on other Sundays is generally more than double" D Williams, Rector
Talysarn Upper Chappel, Welsh Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1821 Attendance - morning 212, afternoon 268 scholars, evening 328 "By counting the Families in this neighbourhood that depend upon this chappel alone for for a place of worship they are above 700 souls, and casually attend and sometimes our chappel is crowded and though it will hold more than 500 men it is too small and we are now Building a new chappel much more spacious, all the sittings in the old been always let for quarterly Rent and enquiry for more." Robert Owen, Elder, Tynyfawnog, Talysarn
Tombstone Epitaphs c. 1904 - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales "Epitaphs on tombstones collected by Urias Stephen from cemeteries in Llanwnda, Llanllyfni, Llandwrog, Brynaerau and Clynnog, Caernarfonshire"
Jarvis, W. J., papurau ychwanegol (additional papers) 1862-1989 "William John Jarvis of Carmel, Groeslon, Llandwrog, was a local historian. His main interest was the slate industry in Dyffryn Nantlle...."
Farm Accounts, Ty'nllan, Llandwrog 1840 - 1851 " Farmland ...... situated in the Glynllifon and Dinas Dinlle districts ........ details of farms, farmers, prices of cattle and cereals etc.."
Newborough (Glynllifon) estate plans 1745-1958 "Plans and related papers of the Glynllifon estate,1745-1958, including plans of Bodfuan Hall, 1832-1928; Glynllifon mansion, 1794-1928; Glynllifon Park, 1751-1935; Llandwrog Church, 1790-1869; and printed maps, 1745-1829."
Mynydd Cilgwyn Friendly Society Records 1843 - 1911 "The Mynydd Cilgwyn Friendly Society (Cymdeithas Caredigion Mynydd y Cilgwyn) was an association in which members paid fixed contributions to insure help in sickness or old age......Mynydd Cilgwyn is located in the parish of Llandwrog..."