Evan Evans, Llanengan Diaries 1846-1900 - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"..... author of a book on the history of Methodism in Llanengan, published in 1873 entitled, Methodistiaeth Llanengan : sef, hanes y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd yn mhlwyf Llanengan ...."
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Abersoch chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation Also Bwlchtocyn - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (Jan 2011)
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanengan Parish; Statistics; Area 4354 acres; Population 508 males, 601 females, total 1109
- Llanengan Parish Church Restored 1847/8 Attendance - morning 56, afternoon 30 + 29 scholars Services in Welsh Henry Richards, Curate
- Abersoch Chapel, Independents Erected before 1829 Attendance - morning 40 scholars, afternoon 100, evening 60 William Jones, Manager, Draper, Llanengan
- Bwlchy Toccyn, Independent Erected c 1798 Attendance - morning 65 scholars, afternoon 44, evening 80 Evan Jones, Deacon, Caepwllhalog
- Bwlch, Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1806 Attendance - morning 210 scholars, afternoon 277, evening 240 William Benjamin, Deacon
- Cilau Chapel, Calvinistic Methodist Erected before 1820 Attendance - morning 86, afternoon 87 scholars, evening 111 Thomas Humphreys, Elder Deacon, Tyddyn (illegible)