GENUKI Home page

Caernarvonshire Caernarvonshire    Parish Index Towns & Parishes    Contents Contents

LLANFIHANGEL Y PENNANT

"LLANFIHANGEL Y PENNANT, a parish in the hundred of Evionydd, county Carnarvon, 5 miles N.W. of Tremadoc, and 13 S. of Carnarvon, its post town. It is situated at the foot of Moel Hebog, and includes the hamlet of Cenin. The village is a small place, situated among the hills. The tithes were commuted in 1839. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor; value 127, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The charities produce about 3 per annum. Brynkir is the principal residence." [From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson 2003]

Church History

LLANFIHANGEL-Y-PENNANT, St. Michael 1847-1850 - on the Church plans online site

Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.

Llanfihangel-y-Pennant Parish; Statistics; Area 8844 acres; Population 322 males, 343 females, total 665

Church Records

Joyce Hinde has supplied a list of Parish Registers held at the Caernarfon Area Record Office.

Gazetteers

Genealogy

Papers of the Powell Family of Ty'nllan 1802 March 31 - 1859 November 8  - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales          "The Powell Family of Ty'nllan, Llanfihangel-y-Pennant in Caernarfonshire includes John Powell who died in February 1817........."

Maps

View maps covering the area of this parish and places within its boundaries

Gwynedd Family History Society  have a diagram of the ecclesiastical parishes of Caernarfonshire (under Publications)  - with some links to photographs of parish churches

 


Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional [Last updated:  4 July 2011 -  Gareth Hicks]

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI