Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanwnda Parish; Statistics; Area 11459 acres; population 827 males, 780 females, total 1607
- Llanwnda Parish Church New Parish Church, built on the site of an old one Consecrated 1848 Attendance - morning 44 "The Services at this Church are at 10 am and 2 pm alternately with Llanfaglan, from which place it is distant between 3 and 4 miles......... when the service is in the afternoon the number of the congregation is about 150 or 200" Services in Welsh Hugh Robert, Curate
- Bethsaida, Independents Erected 1825 Attendance - morning 68 scholars, afternoon 100, evening 80 Wm Thomas, Independent Minister, Beaumaris
- Saron, Independents Erected 1813 Attendance - morning 68 scholars, afternoon 103, evening 120 Hugh Hughes, Deacon, Plas Llanwnda
- Bethel, Wesleyan Methodists Erected 1837 Attendance - morning 19 scholars, afternoon 40, evening 21 Edward Thomas, Deacon (John Parry, Labrwr - deleted)
- Horeb, Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1838 Attendance - morning 206 scholars, afternoon 322, evening 294 Griffith Evans, Deacon, Hafotty