Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Penrhos Parish; Statistics; Area 555 acres; Population 58 males, 54 females, total 112
PENRHOS (PEN-RHOS), a parish in the hundred of GAFLOGION, Lleyn division of the county of CARNARVON, NORTH WALES, 2 miles (W. S. W.) from Pwllheli, containing 112 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the western shore of Cardigan bay, is but of very moderate extent, comprising only a small, portion of arable and pasture land, with some common : in many parts of it the soil is poor and sandy, and a considerable portion of the land will scarcely repay the labour and expense of cultivation. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Abereirch, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Bangor. The church, dedicated to St. Cynwyl, is a very small edifice, with a thatched roof, The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor is £29. 1. (A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833)
You can see the administrative areas in which Penrhos has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.