Lloyd Griffith collection of Ellis R. Williams, of Pwllheli - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
" ........including papers relating to the Golden Fleece Inn, Tremadoc, 1854, 1897-1970....."
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Ynys-cynhaiarn Parish; Statistics; Area 6546 acres; Population 1061 males, 1286 females, total 2347
The Returns for this District are missing
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Tabor,Ynyscynhaiarn chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (Jan 2011) Also Porthmadog chapel - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (Dec 2010) Also Morfa Bychan chapel - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (June 2009) Also Borth chapel - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (June 2009)
Portmadoc (Porthmadog) records - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"Papers of W. A. Madocks [who] enclosed 1,000 acres of Traeth Mawr in order to build the town of Tremadoc, which he named after himself."
"Include; .......... a 'statute book' of the 'Ancient and Renowned Borough of Tremadoc', 1805-1810, with an account of the Tremadoc Ball and Hunt; together with records from the Harbour Office, Porthmadog, including account books and registers of Portmadoc harbour, 1824-1917......"