GENUKI Home page up Aber-porth Contents Contents

 

 

Aber-porth chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

 Not all available data was necessarily used from sources, and 1 & 4 below have been combined where appropriate, being similar in many respects

 Other sources

 

Methodist

Aberporth Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel, Aberporth 

  • Aberporth Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel, Aberporth    SN2575351421     Started 1739/40; chapel founded 1743; built 1833 at Banc near Aberporth village; rebuilt 1859 ;  renewed 1901          241 members in 1902         Still in chapel use 1998       Records 1835-1972 in Presbyterian Church in Wales archives       (1) & (4)
  • Aberporth Welsh CM       Erected in 1833     David Davies, Clerk, Helyg;  Ben Shadrack, Minister       1851 (2)
  • Rev Morgan Parry Morgan, CM minister, living at the Manse, Aberporth   1910 (5)    [Not clear which of these CM chapels he ministered at]
  • Hen Gapel, Aberporth CM still open in 2006
  •  
  • Jenkins, David. Hanes yr Hen Gapel yn Aber-porth .  1983
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

Blaenannerch Welsh CM chapel, Blaenannerch

  • Blaenannerch Welsh CM chapel, Blaenannerch    SN24794910    Started 1740; chapel founded 1743 at Cwmhowni (?),  built 1794; enlarged 1808; rebuilt 1838; renewed 1896       217 members in 1902     Births and bapts 1808-37 at PRO & in IGI     Still open in 1998       (1)
  • Blaenannerch CM      Erected in 1794      Griffith Davies, Preacher, Cwmcoed      1851 (2)
  • Bapts 1805-37 at PRO   (3)
  • Still open in 2006
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

 

Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 15 Oct 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.