Downtime: The Genuki web service will be unavailable on Tues 24 Apr from 10:00 BST for approximately two hours whilst some software updates are installed.

Open a form to report problems or contribute information

1 Introduction 2 Message details 3 Upload file 4 Submitted

Help and advice for Kelly's Directory - South Wales 1910

If you have found a problem on this page then please report it on the following form. We will then do our best to fix it. If you are wanting advice then the best place to ask is on the area's specific email lists. All the information that we have is in the web pages, so please do not ask us to supply something that is not there. We are not able to offer a research service.

If you wish to report a problem, or contribute information, then do use the following form to tell us about it.

Kelly's Directory - South Wales 1910

The data below has been extracted by Gareth Hicks (October 2003) with the kind permission of the publishers from the CD of the same title as the main heading. (Archive CD Books)

The general description extracted is a partly  edited version, place names are as written.

Betws Bledrws

Is a parish .....1 mile west from Derry Ormond station on the Great Western railway, 3 north from Lampeter and 9 south-west from Tregaron, in the hundred of Moythen, petty sessional division of Upper Moyddyn, union and county court district of Lampeter, and in the rural deanery of Lampeter, archdeaconry of Cardigan and diocese of St David's.

A branch line is now being constructed (1910) from a point about 1 mile south of Derry Ormond station to Aberayron.

The church of St Bleddrws is a modern building of stone in the Early English style .............stained  glass windows ......presented by the family of the late W Inglis-Jones esq .....the church was rebuilt in 1887, with the exception of the tower, at a cost of £2009, and affords 110 sittings.  The registers date from the year 1815. The living is a rectory present vacant.

On a steep hill, half a mile above Derry Ormond station, is an obelisk, erected by Mrs Jones, grandmother of W Inglis-Jones esq, for the purpose of finding employment for labourers out of work; it is 100 feet high, and is useful as a landmark.

Derry Ormond Park is the seat of Wilmot Inglis-Jones esq, DL, JP, who is the principal landowner.

The soil is light and gravel; chief crops wheat and oats; most of the land is under pasture.

The area is 1580 acres; rateable value £1140; the population 1901 was 179.

Wall Letter Box; at Derry Ormond Park

Public Elementary School (mixed), for 60 children; average attendance 32; Rees Jones, master.

Railway Station;  Derry Ormond, Wm John, statn mstr


  • Davies, Misses; Ardwyn
  • Inglis-Jones, Wilmot DL, JP; Derry Ormond park
  • Davies, John Walter, saw mill propr
  • Evans, Daniel, blacksmith
  • Rees, Isaac, coal merchant


  • Davies, David; Weingabwd farm
  • Davies, Samuel; Coedpark
  • Evans, Isaac & John; Denmark
  • James, David; Tynhos
  • Jones, Evan; Pencoeduchaf
  • Jones, John; Tynloft
  • Jones, William; Cordgleison
  • Morgans, Evan; Walworth

[Gareth Hicks: 12 October 2003]