GENUKI Home page up Blaen-porth Contents Contents

 

 

Blaen-porth chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources

 Other sources

 

Congregational

Beulah Independent chapel, Plas Newydd (Glandwr)

  • See under Betws Ifan parish

Bryn Mair Welsh Ind chapel, Aberystwyth

  • Bryn Mair Welsh Ind chapel, Aberystwyth             Opened 1833, still open 1992   (7)
  • Brynmair Ind, Blaen-porth    Erected in 1833    "The congregation has also built a house for the Minister and a neat schoolroom"       David Jones, Deacon, Felin, Blaenporth    (2)
  • Bryn-Mair Welsh Ind chapel, Brynnmair     SN2672950190    Built 1833; rebuilt 1896-7; still in use 1998                     (1)
  • Brynmair Ind chapel           Built in 1833 although meetings in a previous chapel from c 1766             Records; Manuscripts with registers of bapts for this chapel and Beulah 1861-89 at NLW  (inc in IGI)   (4)
  • Bryn-Mair Ind chapel, Blaen-porth     Bapts 1860-88 & Burials 1860-81  NLW   (3)
  •  
  • Brynmair Cong chapel, Blaen-porth   erected [rebuilt?] in 1897 will seat 350    (5)
  • Rev David Dalis Davies (Cong minister) living at Trenova, Blaen-porth    (5)
  • Rev David Glyn Jones (Cong minister) living at Llaingroes, Blaen-porth    (5)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg

This entry correctly belongs in Blaenporth parish

 

Methodist

  Bryn Seion Welsh CM chapel, Heol-y-graig, Aberporth

  • Bryn Seion Welsh CM chapel, Heol-y-graig, Aberporth     SN2615351515       Started 1873;  built 1874 (1883?).    Not still in use 1998      (1)
  • Bryn Sion CM chapel, Blaen-porth        Built  c 1883 near Aberporth village      45 members in 1902        (4)
  •  
  • Still open in 2006

This chapel correctly belongs in Blaenporth parish

 

  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.
 
Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 15 Oct 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.