GENUKI Home page up Blaenpennal Contents Contents

 

 

Blaenpennal chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources

 Other sources

 

Methodist

Peniel CM chapel, Blaenpennal

  • Peniel CM chapel    Cause was Independent until death of Phillip Pugh in 1760 became Methodist     Chapel built 1783, enlarged 1813, rebuilt 1867      Members; c50 in 1793, 109 in 1902  Records; births and bapts 1815-37  PRO (and in IGI)    (4)
  • Peniel, Blaenpennal CM       Bapts 1813-37  at PRO    (3)
  • Blaenpennal Welsh CM chapel    SN63286423     Started 1709; chapel built 1755, rebuilt 1783, 1813 & 1868; further additions 1893, still in use 1998     (1)
  • Blaenpenal CM     Erected before 1800    Daniel Pugh, Superintendent of the School, Blaenpant, nr Blaenpennal        1851 (2)
  •  
  • Owens, Rev John (Calvinistic Methodist); living at Taihirionyrhos, Blaenpennal     1910  (5)
  •  
  • Photograph on  Dyfed FHS
  •  
  • Penial, Blaenpennal still open in 2006
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

Blaenafon  CM chapel, Blaenpennal

  • Blaenafon CM chapel       Sabbath school 1810   Schoolhouse built in 1843     Chapel built  1880 & 1900      67 members in 1902     Records, see Peniel     (4)
  • Blaenafon Welsh CM chapel, Bontnewydd, Blaen-Afon       SN619657      Chapel built 1880; rebuilt 1900. Sunday School founded 1810.   Schoolroom built 1843/4.    Still in use 1998     (1)
  •  
  • Photograph on  Dyfed FHS
  • See John Ball's site Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection for a photograph/data
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.
Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 9 Dec 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI