For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database
Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)
all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar
- 1. The Chapels Recording Project in Wales (RCAHMW)
The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales., byJones, I.G. & Williams, D.
Nonconformist Registers of Wales published by the National Library of Wales in 1994.
The Parish Churches and Nonconformist Chapels of Wales: Their Records and where to Find them, Vol. One, Cardigan - Carmarthen - Pembroke, by Rawlins, B.J. (1987).
- 5. Kelly's Directory, South Wales 1910 - the Archive Cd Books Cd
- 6. Kelly's Directory, South Wales 1895 - the Archive Cd Books Cd
- 7. My Ancestors were Congregationalists in England and Wales, by D J H Clifford, SOG, 1992.
- 8. Independent Chapels of Wales: History Books and Pamphlets by Huw Walters.
- 9. Death and Burial indexes available for purchase from Cardiganshire Family History Society
- 10. Online Commercial & Residential Directories as appropriate to a particular parish - apart from what may already be on Genuki, see also the Historical Directories site
Capel-yr-Erw Welsh Independent chapel, Erw, Cellan
- Capel-yr-Erw Welsh Independent chapel, Erw, Cellan SN60394882 Built 1811; rebuilt 1863, renewed 1933. Still open 1998 (1) & (4)
- Welsh Ind, Cellan Opened 1811 Still open 1992 (7)
- Capel yr Erw Ind Erected in 1811 Rees Jones, Minister 1851 (2)
- Memorial Inscriptions for Capel Erw, Cellan, Independent chapel, ( Held at Carmarthen Archives)
- Rev Thomas Eli Evans (Cong Minister) living at Aneddfa, Cellan 1910 (5)
- Photograph on Dyfed FHS
- Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Capel Caeronnen Welsh Unitarian chapel, Trebane, Cellan
- Capel Caeronnen Welsh Unitarian chapel, Trebane, Cellan SN60634895 Built 1654; rebuilt 1747, 1846, 1861, renewed 1925. Records; 1. account book 1840-69 2. see Cilgwyn, Llangybi parish which had close early connections Still open 1998 (1) & (4)
- Caeronnen Unitarian Erected in 1846 John Jones, Deacon 1851 (2)
- Williams, Thomas O. Tri chan mlwyddiant Cae'ronnen (1654-1954).
Yr Ymofynnydd, cyf 54, 1954
[Gareth Hicks: 2 April 2013]
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.