We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Kelly's Directory - South Wales 1910

The data below has been extracted by Gareth Hicks (October 2003) with the kind permission of the publishers from the CD of the same title as the main heading. (Archive CD Books)

The general description extracted is a partly  edited version, place names are as written.


Is a parish ......, on the river Teifi, 3 miles north-east from Lampeter station, on the Manchester and Milford railway, and 8 south-west from Tregaron, in Moyddin hundred and petty sessional division, county court district and union of Lampeter, and in the rural deanery of Lampeter, arch deaconry of Cardigan, and diocese of St David's.

The church of All Saints, erected in 1668, is a building of stone, in the Gothic style.......restored in 1865, and affords 90 sittings; the registers date from 1780. The living is a rectory ........ held since 1906 by the Rev William Ernest Jones L Th, of Durham University. There are Unitarian and Congregational chapels.

The trustees of the late William Jones esq and David Davies esq of Velindre, Lampeter, are the principal landowners.

The soil is clay; chief crops oats, wheat and barley.

The area is 3450 acres; rateable value £2074; the population in 1901 was 401.

Post Office --- John Williams, sub-postmaster.

Wall Letter Boxes, at Pentrefelin, and Old School.

Public Elementary School (mixed), opened 1900, for 80 children; average attendance 62; Hugh Roberts, mastr


  • Davies, David JP; Rlwynon
  • Davies, Mrs; Brooklands
  • Evans, Rev Thomas Eli (Congregational); Aneddfa
  • Jones, Rev Wm Ernest L Th; Rectory
  • Rees, Miss; Glenteify cottage


  • Davies, David, carpenter; Penybontbren
  • Davies, Hannah (Mrs); Fisher's Arms PH
  • Davies, John Jenkin, grocer; Blaenwaun
  • Davies, Timothy, shopkeeper & egg dealer; Pentrefelin
  • Evans, Evan, carpenter; Llwynberllan
  • Evans, John, shoe maker; Tymawr
  • Jones, Thomas, woollen manufacturer; Cellan factory
  • Thomas, Mary (Mrs); Tafarndy PH
  • Williams, John, blacksmith & subpostmaster; Ffosygariad


  • Davies, David; Blaenauissa
  • Davies, David; Esgairddu
  • Davies, David; Tangaerfawr
  • Davies, Enoch; Sunhill
  • Davies, Evan Andrew; Baylie
  • Davies, James; Llwyn-Ifan
  • Davies, John Jenkin; Blaenwaun
  • Davies, Tom; Pistill Ernon
  • Davies, Watkin; Caeronen
  • Davies, William; Rhydderchllwyd
  • Jones, David; Abermarlais
  • Jones, David; Gillyhier
  • Jones, Elizabeth (Mrs); Gellygaer
  • Jones, Evan; Glannantcoy
  • Jones, Jane (Miss); Caergarw
  • Jones, John; Pensingrig
  • Jones, Morgan; Llanlasissa
  • Jones, Thomas; Pantglas
  • Jones, William; Pantyffin
  • Lewis, D Lloyd; Talfan
  • Morgan, Ann (Miss); Bryn Hirfain
  • Morgan, David; Attucha
  • Rees, Benjamin; Glanteify
  • Thomas, Joshua; Ffoesy Ffin
  • Thomas, Mary (Mrs); Tafarndy
  • Williams, Elizabeth (Miss); Tynlone
  • Williams, John; Cellan court


[Gareth Hicks: 26 October 2003]