GENUKI Home page upCilcennin Contents Contents

 

 

Cilcennin chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar

 Other sources

 

Congregational

Seion Welsh Independent chapel, Cilcennin

  • Seion Welsh Independent chapel, Cilcennin               SN51986005        Built 1775; rebuilt 1804, 1835, 1859.    Records; see Neuaddlwyd, Henfynyw      Still open 1998      (1) & (4)
  • Seion Welsh Ind chapel, Cilcennin      Opened in 1775    Still open in 1992   (7)
  • Cilcennin Ind          Erected in 1775    Thomas Jones, Ind Minister      1851  (2)
  •  
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Maureen Saycell (Oct 2008)
  •  
  • Photograph on Dyfed FHS
  • Seion Ind chapel, Cilcennin shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)

 

Methodist

Ebenezer Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Carne, Cilcennin

  • Ebenezer Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Carne, Cilcennin     SN51926042          Built 1808; rebuilt 1858.     Not in existence in 1851       Records; see Soar, Aberystwyth       Not still open 1998         (1) & (4)
  • Ebenezer Wesleyan chapel              Bapts 1839-1973 NLW      (3)
  • Carne WM             David M Evans, Assistant Overseer       1851  (2)
  •  
  • Jones, G. M; Centenary of the founding of Ebenezer Chapel, Cilcennin, Welsh Gazette 21/8/1958

 

Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 14 Oct 2008 ]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI