For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database
Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)
all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar
- 1. The Chapels Recording Project in Wales (RCAHMW)
The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales., byJones, I.G. & Williams, D.
Nonconformist Registers of Wales published by the National Library of Wales in 1994.
The Parish Churches and Nonconformist Chapels of Wales: Their Records and where to Find them, Vol. One, Cardigan - Carmarthen - Pembroke, by Rawlins, B.J. (1987).
- 5. Kelly's Directory, South Wales 1910 - the Archive Cd Books Cd
- 6. Kelly's Directory, South Wales 1895 - the Archive Cd Books Cd
- 7. My Ancestors were Congregationalists in England and Wales, by D J H Clifford, SOG, 1992.
- 8. Independent Chapels of Wales: History Books and Pamphlets by Huw Walters.
- 9. Death and Burial indexes available for purchase from Cardiganshire Family History Society
- 10. Online Commercial & Residential Directories as appropriate to a particular parish - apart from what may already be on Genuki, see also the Historical Directories site
Seion Welsh Independent chapel, Cilcennin
- Seion Welsh Independent chapel, Cilcennin SN51986005 Built 1775; rebuilt 1804, 1835, 1859. Records;
see Neuaddlwyd, Henfynyw Still
open 1998 (1) & (4)
- Seion Welsh Ind chapel, Cilcennin Opened
in 1775 Still open in 1992 (7)
- Cilcennin Ind Erected in 1775 Thomas Jones, Ind Minister
- Rees, Thomas & John Thomas.
Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) -
with translation by Maureen Saycell (Oct 2008)
- Photograph on Dyfed FHS
- Seion Ind chapel, Cilcennin shown
as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Ebenezer Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Carne, Cilcennin
- Ebenezer Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Carne, Cilcennin SN51926042 Built 1808; rebuilt 1858. Not
in existence in 1851 Records;
see Soar, Aberystwyth Not
still open 1998 (1)
- Ebenezer Wesleyan chapel Bapts
1839-1973 NLW (3)
- Carne WM David M Evans, Assistant Overseer
- Jones, G. M; Centenary of the founding of Ebenezer Chapel, Cilcennin,
Welsh Gazette 21/8/1958
[Gareth Hicks: 14 Oct 2008 ]
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.