GENUKI Home page upGartheli Contents Contents

 

 

Gartheli chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar

 Other sources

 

Methodist

 Abermeurig Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel, (Capel Iaf), Abermeurig

  • Abermeurig Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel, (Capel Iaf), Abermeurig    SN56465624        Associated with the Independents (Cilgwyn, Llangybi) in C17th, with Methodists after 1810       Built 1698/9, rebuilt 1772, 1816 & 1826, renewed 1890     Records;  1. for early period pre 1770 see Cilgwyn old church book  NLW        2. births and bapts 1814-36    PRO & in IGI         3. see Cilgwyn, Llangybi and Llwynpiod, Llanbadarn Odwyn         Still open 1998     (1) & (4)
  • Abermirig CM     First chapel erected before 1800, re-erected 1816       Thomas Jones, Deacon, Trefynon, Gartheli    (2)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
  •  
  • Evans, J. Presbyteriad ac Annibynwyr Abermeurig [Presbyterians and Independents at Abermeurig]. 1898
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

 Llwynygroes CM chapel, Llwynygroes, Gartheli

  • Llwynygroes CM chapel, Llwynygroes, Gartheli         Preaching for many years before school room built in 1843, chapel 1901       Members; 67 in 1902      Records; 1876-1960  NLW          (4)
  •  
  • Cardiganshire Family History Society - Index to deaths and burials in Cardiganshire from non-conformist records is available on fiche. Check details on their site, for this parish includes ; Llwyn-y-groes (Cal.Meth., 1876-1897).
  •  
  • Photograph on Dyfed FHS
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

 

Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 16 Oct 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.