Open a form to report problems or contribute information

1 Introduction 2 Message details 3 Upload file 4 Submitted

Help and advice for Kelly's Directory - South Wales 1910

If you have found a problem on this page then please report it on the following form. We will then do our best to fix it. If you are wanting advice then the best place to ask is on the area's specific email lists. All the information that we have is in the web pages, so please do not ask us to supply something that is not there. We are not able to offer a research service.

If you wish to report a problem, or contribute information, then do use the following form to tell us about it.

Kelly's Directory - South Wales 1910

The data below has been extracted by Gareth Hicks (October 2003) with the kind permission of the publishers from the CD of the same title as the main heading. (Archive CD Books)
The general description extracted is a partly  edited version, place names are as written.


Is a large, scattered and hilly parish .... 4 1/2 miles north-west from Derry Ormond and Llangybi stations on the Great Western railway, 7 north from Lampeter and 6 south-west from Tregaron, in the hundred and petty sessional division of Penarth, county court district of Lampeter, union of Tregaron, and in the rural deanery of Ultra Aeron, archdeaconry of Cardigan, diocese of St David's.

The church of St Gartheli is a plain modern building of stone ........ rebuilt in 1875, at a cost of £700, and affords 125 sittings. The registers are included in those of Llanddewi Brefi, which date from 1765. The living is a vicarage .... held since 1885 by the Rev Timothy Davies of St David's College, Lampeter, who is also vicar of Bettws Leiki.

There are two Calvinistic Methodist chapels.

The land is principally in the hands of Jesus College, Oxford, and Wilmot Inglis Jones esq of Derry Ormond. Abermeurig is the seat of John R Rogers JP.

The soil is gravel; chief crops, wheat, oats and barley, and about half the land under pasture. The area is 2516 acres; rateable value £1129; the population in 1901 was 259.

Nearest Post Office at Abermeurig. Wall Letter Box at school.

Public Elementary School (mixed), for 80 children; average attendance, 40; Dan Benjamin James, mastr


  • Davies, Rev Timothy; Meurig villa
  • Rogers, John Edwardes BA JP; Abermeurig
  • Davies, Howell, carpenter & wheelwright; Caeronen
  • Davies, Jenkin, grocer; Llwyngroes
  • Davies, John, carpntr; Llettyr-Panwr
  • Edwards, David, blacksmith; Llwyngroes


  • Davies, Daniel; Frithwen
  • Davies, Daniel; Trefynor
  • Davies, David; Brynmeurig
  • Davies, David; Pantyrhewfach
  • Davies, David; Llynastnewydd
  • Davies, David; Taincwm
  • Davies, Evan; Taincoed
  • Davies, Jenkin, & assistant overseer; Parkybedw
  • Davies, John; Gellifach
  • Davies, John; Lluastcornacell
  • Davies, Stephen; Pantyrhwch
  • Davies, Thomas; Llynmadog
  • Davies, Thomas; Penlan
  • Evans, Evan; Denmark
  • Jones, Daniel; Hendrephillip & Pantrheufawr
  • Jones, Daniel; Trefynor
  • Jones, David; Bwlchwernen
  • Jones, John; Tynfron
  • Jones, John sen; Gwasted
  • Jones, John jun; Tynrhelig
  • Jones, Thomas; Tyndraenen
  • Lodwick, Daniel; Tynfron
  • Lloyd, David (Mrs); Penbryn & Brynblodan
  • Lloyd, Evan Rees; Penblodaun
  • Thomas, Thomas; Berthlwyd
  • Williams, John; Blaencwmarch

[Gareth Hicks: 29 October 2003]