Rhydfendigaid Welsh CM chapel, (Penuel) Pontrhydfendigaid SN73056665 Society at an earlier period, chapel & schoolroom built 1794; rebuilt 1802, 1827 & renewed 1859/61, rebuilt 1907 Records; 1. births and bapts 1821-37 PRO & on IGI 2. register of members 1859-1920 NLW 3. sccount books 1863-98 NLW 4. childrens' contributions to ministerial fund 1872-75 NLW 5. Chapel records 1847-1983 NLW Still open 1998 (1) & (4)
Penuel Welsh CM, Pontrhydfendigaid Erected before 1800 James Morgan, Deacon, Pontrhydfendigaid 1851 (2)
Cardiganshire Family History Society - Index to deaths and burials in Cardiganshire from non-conformist records is available on fiche. Check details on their site, for this parish includes ; Rhydfendigaid (Cal.Meth., 1859-75, 1924, 1929, 1939, 1945-67). (9)
Davies, W. Canmlwyddiant Capel Rhydfendigiad 1859-1959. Braslun o Hanes y Methodistiaeth Calfinaidd ym Mhontrhydfendgaid 1794-1959. [Centenary of Chapel Rhydfendigaid 1859-1959. Historical Sketch of Calvinistic Methodism in Pontrhydfendigaid, 1794-1959]. Llandysul, Lewis & sons, 1959 [ LDS GS 994004]
Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans. Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.
Tynycwm chapel, Pontrhydfendigaid - See Capeli (2005 list of chapels under threat). A search of Coflein shows nothing under Tynycwm but apparently not Penuel which was still open in 2006