GENUKI Home page upHenfynyw Contents Contents

 

 

Henfynyw chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

See also Aberaeron under Llanddewi-Aber-Arth

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar

 Other sources

 

Congregational

Neuaddlwyd Welsh Ind chapel, Henfynyw

N.B. The Kain/Oliver electronic parish maps  places this chapel  in Llanerch-Aeron parish, but Hanes Eglwysi and other sources refer to it as being in Henfynyw parish

  • Neuadd-lwyd Welsh Ind chapel       SN47465961     Built 1746; rebuilt 1819, 1869 & 1906.    Ministry of Dr Thomas Phillips  1796-1842       Ministry of William Evans 1842-73      Records;  1. bapts 1791-1830, 1831 -37 PRO & in IGI         2.  register of members  1780-1850 NLW          3. baptismal register of Neuaddlwyd and Peniel chapel, Aberaeron 1791-1878   NLW & in IGI         Still open 1998       (1) & (4)
  • Neuaddlwyd Henfynyw Ind      Erected before 1800      David Davies, Deacon     1851  (2)
  • Neuadd-lwyd Cong     Bapts 1791-1837  PRO    Bapts 1791-1896  NLW    (3)
  • Neuadd-lwyd Welsh Ind    Opened 1746    Records;  Bapts 1791-1837  copies at Cer RO and SOG           Bapts 1791-1896 at NLW                (7)
  • Neuadd Lwyd Cong chapel       Founded 1780      Seats 250       1910  (5)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
  • Cardiganshire Family History Society - Index to deaths and burials in Cardiganshire from non-conformist records is available on fiche. Check details on their site, for this parish includes ; Neuaddlwyd (Ind., 1792-1809).
  • Anerchiadau a phregethau a draddodwyd Ebrill 6ed, 1896, yn nghyfarfodydd dathliad trydedd jiwbili cychwyniad yr achos, a chanmlwyddiant sefydliad y diweddar Ddr Phillips fel gweinidog yn Neuaddlwyd, (Llandysul, 1896), viii, 65tt.     (8)

 

 

Methodist

  Ffos-y-Ffin Welsh CM chapel, Ffos-y-ffin

  • Ffos-y-ffin Welsh CM chapel, Ffos-y-ffin      SN44816066       Started 1765 & chapel built 1780, rebuilt 1831-2, new vestry built 1927.   Members; 84 in 1902       Records; births and bapts 1811-37 PRO & in IGI          Still open 1998      (1)  &  (4)
  • Ffos y Ffin CM     Erected before 1800     David Hughes, Deacon     1851  (2)
  • Ffos-y-ffin CM      Bapts 1807-37 PRO     (3)
  • Cardiganshire Family History Society - Index to deaths and burials in Cardiganshire from non-conformist records is available on fiche. Check details on their site, for this parish includes ; Ffosyffin (Cal.Meth., 1846-1926).
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg

Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;

  • Capel Ffosyffin [CM], cofysgrifau (records) 1950-1997   "Sefydlwyd yr achos ar fferm Tynyporth ym mhlwyf Henfynyw ym 1765. Adeiladwyd y capel cyntaf o gwmpas 1780. Codwyd adeilad newydd ar dir a roddwyd ar brydles gan stād Mynachdy ym 1831. Prynwyd y tir ym 1879 gan y capel oddi wrth Alban Gwynne, Mynachty. Datgorfforwyd y capel ym 1997."
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

 

Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 16 Oct 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.