With the kind permission of the publisher, these selected extracts below are taken from " The History of Cardiganshire" by S R Meyrick, 1810, specifically the reprint of the 1907 imprint published by Stephen Collard in July 2000.
- "Called also Llanbadarn vach, in contradistinction to Llanbadarn vawr, in the upper part of the county, adjoins the parishes of Llanddewi Aberarth and Llanychaeron, lying to the north-east of them."
- "The church is dedicated to St Padern or Paternus. He was the son of Pedredin ab Emyr Llydaw, and the cousin of Cadvan, with whom he came into Britain."
- "The tithes are thus divided ; one-third to the vicar, one-third to the family at Crosswood, and one-third to R Price Esq., M.P. of Knighton, Radnorshire. The vicar's share of the great and small tithes are in kind, except the hay, for which there is a modus. The farms from which the Earl of Lisburne receives the tithes are called grange lands, and are divided into two hamlets."
- "The four last incumbents [of the parish church] were ; 1732, David Jones ; 1739, Howel Howels ; 1752, Vavasor Davies ; 1796, Timothy Evans."
- "Mynachty, or Monk's house, as the name implies, no doubt was originally a cell, or hospitium, of the monks of Strata Florida Abbey ; but is now the property of A T Gwynne Esq. In the grounds belonging to this estate is a small hill, between two others, called Hero Castell, and probably the site of the keep of Dinerth Castle."
- "Tyglyn, called Tyglyn isaf, or Lower Tyglyn, to distinguish it from Tyglyn uchaf, belonged to the ancient family of the Jones's, the last of whom, Henry Jones, left a daughter, and heiress, Susanna, who married Alban Thomas Esq., of Newcastle Emlyn...........who was able to trace the Thomas's in a direct line from the lords of Towyn."