GENUKI Home page upLlanbadarn Trefeglwys Contents Contents

 

 

Llanbadarn Trefeglwys chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar

 Other sources

 

Methodist

Bethania Welsh CM chapel, Mount

  • Bethania Welsh CM chapel, Bethania          SN57196301        Preaching well before 1750         Chapel built 1809, rebuilt 1832, enlarged/modified 1872/3.      Members; 147 in 1902        Records;    births and bapts 1821-37 PRO & in IGI             Still open 1998      (1) & (4)
  • Bethania CM, Llanbadarn Trefeglwys           Bapts 1821-37 PRO    (3)
  • Bethania, CM   Erected 1809       Edward Evans, Deacon (2)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
  • Still open in 2006
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

Pennant Welsh CM chapel, Pennant

  • Pennant Welsh CM chapel, Pennant            SN51286310           Cause begun 1740, Howell Harris & Daniel Rowlands preached in area before 1740        Chapel built 1760, rebuilt 1831/2 & 1883.         Members; 121 in 1902           Records; births and bapts 1821-37 PRO & in IGI            Still open 1998      (1) & (4)
  • Pennant CM, Llanbadarn Trefeglwys      Bapts 1821-37 PRO    (3)
  • Pennant Meeting House, CM            Erected 1760                Thomas Lewis, Minister (2)
  • Photograph on Dyfed FHS
  • Photograph and history (ministers' names, first five entries from baptism register etc)  on the Pennant village site
  • Has a cemetery
  • Still open in 2006
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

Pontsaeson Welsh CM chapel, Pontrhyd-saeson

  • Pontsaeson Welsh CM chapel, Pontrhyd-saeson           SN54326314         Chapel built 1824; rebuilt 1841/2, 1871 & 1928.     Preaching here for years before Sunday School founded 1806.   Members; 110 in 1902              Records;  see Pennant              Still open 1998   (1) & (4)
  • Pontsaeson, CM    Erected 1824      David Jones, Deacon (2)
  • Still open in 2006
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

 

Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 16 Oct 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI