Lewis 1833 on Genuki (Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833 )
Bethesda Welsh Ind chapel, Pont Hirwaun
Bethesda Welsh Ind chapel, Pont Hirwaun SN26144515 Chapel and schoolroom built 1840/1, rebuilt 1870, 1923, 1935 & 1967-9. Members; 200 in 1840 & 1863 Records; see Trewen chapel Still open 1998 (1) & (4)
Bethesda Ind Erected in 1839 Lewis lloyd, Deacon, Penalltybie 1851 (2)
Rev Hy H Williams (Cong) living at Aberifed & Rev David Evans (Cong|) living at Bronwylfa in this parish 1895 (6)
Capel Cenarth Welsh CM chapel, Cenarth village ( but in Llandygwydd parish)
Capel Cenarth Welsh CM chapel, Cenarth SN26824163 Started 1869, chapel built 1872 Early members came from Pontgareg, Cenarth parish & Bethel, Newcastle Emlyn, Cenarth parish; also from Llwyn Adda, Llechryd parish. Members; 41 in 1902 Records; see Pontgareg & Bethel Still open 1998 (1) & (4)
Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans. Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.