GENUKI Home page upLlandygwydd Contents Contents

 

 

Llandygwydd chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar

 Other sources

 

Congregational

 Bethesda Welsh Ind chapel, Pont Hirwaun

  • Bethesda Welsh Ind chapel, Pont Hirwaun           SN26144515    Chapel and schoolroom built 1840/1, rebuilt 1870, 1923, 1935 & 1967-9.       Members; 200 in 1840 & 1863        Records; see Trewen chapel           Still open 1998    (1) & (4)
  • Bethesda   Ind         Erected in 1839     Lewis lloyd, Deacon, Penalltybie     1851  (2)
  • Rev Hy H Williams (Cong) living at Aberifed     &     Rev David Evans (Cong|) living at Bronwylfa in this parish         1895 (6)
  • Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)

 

Methodist

Capel Cenarth Welsh CM chapel, Cenarth village ( but in Llandygwydd parish)

  • Capel Cenarth Welsh CM chapel, Cenarth          SN26824163      Started 1869, chapel built 1872         Early members  came from Pontgareg, Cenarth parish & Bethel, Newcastle Emlyn, Cenarth parish; also from Llwyn Adda, Llechryd parish.       Members; 41 in 1902              Records; see Pontgareg & Bethel        Still open 1998            (1) & (4)
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.
Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 24 April 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.