Downtime: The Genuki web service will be unavailable on Tues 24 Apr from 10:00 BST for approximately two hours whilst some software updates are installed.
Open a form to report problems or contribute information
Llandysul - a list of farms in the parish in 1758
This list of 141 farm names in Llandysul parish in 1758 is extracted from The History of Llandysul [Hanes Plwyf Llandyssul] by the Rev.W J Davies 1896 . Translated by Ivor Griffiths. This is the oldest complete list in existence, the one in the book also has annotated the rateable values for each place. In that year the Vestry set a rate of 4 pence in the pound on these places for the maintenance of the parish church. The church wardens were John David and Evan John. If looking for a specific place please note that it is possible for a place starting with a G to be listed under C. At that time the parish consisted of 7 districts as follows;