GENUKI Home page up Llandysul Contents Contents

 
Llandysul - a list of farms  in the parish in 1758

This list of 141 farm names  in Llandysul parish  in 1758 is extracted from The History of Llandysul [Hanes Plwyf Llandyssul] by the  Rev.W J Davies 1896 . Translated by Ivor Griffiths.
This is the oldest complete list in existence, the one in the book also has annotated the rateable values for each place.
In that year the Vestry set a rate of 4 pence in the pound on these places for the maintenance of the parish church.
The church wardens were John David and Evan John.
If looking for a specific place please note that it is possible for a place starting with a G to be listed under C.
At that time the parish consisted of 7 districts as follows;

 

The Mother Church

Return to top of page

Llanffrene [Llanffraed]

Return to top of page

Llandyssulfed

Return to top of page

Capel Dewi

Return to top of page

Faerdref

Return to top of page

Llanfair

Return to top of page

Borthin

Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 28 Oct 2000]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.