Llanfair Trelygen Contents
The data below has been extracted by Gareth Hicks (November 2003) with the kind permission of the publishers from the CD of the same title as the main heading. (Archive CD Books)
Place names are as written unless clearly misleading.
Is a parish in the county of Cardigan, 41/2 miles north-east from Newcastle Emlyn terminal station, on the branch from Pencader junction of the Great Western railway, 13 east from Cardigan and 18 west from Lampeter, in Troedyraur hundred, Newcastle Emlyn union and county court district, Penrhiwpal petty sessional division, and in the rural deanery of Sub-Aeron, archdeaconry of Cardigan and diocese of St. David's.
The church of St. Mary has been disused since the end of the last century. The registers are included in those of Llandyfriog. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Llandyfriog, tithe rent-charge here £40, with 2 acres of glebe, in the gift of the Bishop of St. David's, and held since 1892 by the Rev. David Davies Evans B.D., of St. David's College, Lampeter, who resides at Llandyfriog.
There is an Independent chapel.
Near the ruined church stands a circular-moated-tumulus.
The principal landowners are Sir Marteine O. M. Lloyd bart. and the representatives of the late R.O. Beynon esq.
The soil is loam; subsoil, slate. The land is mostly under pasturage. The area is 650 acres; the population in 1891 was 71.
Letters through Newcastle Emlyn arrive at 10.30; dispatched at 11 a.m
Return to top of page
[Gareth Hicks: 23 November 2003]
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996