GENUKI Home page upLlanfihangel Ystrad Contents Contents

 

 

Llanfihangel Ystrad chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar

 Other sources

 

Congregational

Ty'nygwndwn Welsh Ind chapel, near Talysarn

  • Ty'nygwndwn Welsh Ind chapel, near Talysarn        SN53785514         Preaching under Phillip Pugh pre 1760     Started 1672, chapel built 1773, rebuilt 1815, 1835 & 1861, restored 1892.    Records;  1. bapts 1821-37 PRO & in IGI         2. list of trustees 1835-76  NLW       3. see Ebenezer, Llangybi      4.   for pre 1760 see Cilgwyn, Llangybi             Still open 1998      (1) & (4)
  • Ty'n y Gwndwn       Ind            Erected before 1800          William Davies, Deacon     1851  (2)
  • Ty'n-y-gwndwn, Felin fach Welsh Ind chapel      Opened 1773      Births & bapts 1821-37 copies at Cer RO     (7)
  • Tynygwndwn, Felin-fach   Cong       Bapts 1821-37 PRO     (3)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
  •  
  •  Photograph on Dyfed FHS
  •  
  • Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Maureen Saycell (Oct 2008)

 

Miscellaneous

Cribyn Welsh Unitarian chapel, Cribyn

  • Cribyn Welsh Unitarian chapel, Cribyn      SN52265104        Preaching  as Independents in C17th, Unitarian after 1760         Chapel built 1790, rebuilt 1851.     Under ministry of Evan Davies 1746-1817       Records;   The Old Church Book of Cilgwyn (Llangybi)  NLW        Still open 1998             (1) & (4)
  • Crybyn    Unitarian               Erected in 1790                John Jeremy, Occasional Minister    1851  (2)
  • Cribyn Unit       Bapts 1824-88 NLW    Burials  1794, 1818, 1842-94   NLW    (3)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
  • Cardiganshire Family History Society - Index to deaths and burials in Cardiganshire from non-conformist records is available on fiche. Check details on their site, for this parish includes ; Cribyn (Unitarian, 1784, 1818, 1838-94).
  •  
  •  Photograph on Dyfed FHS

Rhydgwin Welsh Unitarian chapel, Temple Bar

  • Rhydgwin Welsh Unitarian chapel, Temple Bar          SN53485392       Preaching at farm of Lloyd Jack pre 1800        Chapel (Maesllan school) built 1808 (at Rhydgwin farm?), rebuilt 1848 & 1893.    In 1802 David Rees Jenkins and 20 others left Ciliau Aeron to start this cause            Still open 1998        (1) & (4)
  • Rhydygwin    Unitarian       Erected in 1848       "This Chapel was erected in lieu of a previously existing Building in the neighbourhood which was built in the year 1812"                 Rees Davies, Minister       1851 (2)
  •  
  •  Photograph on Dyfed FHS
Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 16 Oct 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.