Report problems or contribute information

 
1 Introduction 2 Message details 3 Upload file 4 Submitted

Help and advice for Kelly's Directory - South Wales 1895

If you have found a problem on this page then please report it on the following form. We will then do our best to fix it. If you are wanting advice then the best place to ask is on the area's specific email lists. All the information that we have is in the web pages, so please do not ask us to supply something that is not there. We are not able to offer a research service.

If you wish to report a problem, or contribute information, then do use the following form to tell us about it.

We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Kelly's Directory - South Wales 1895

The data below has been extracted by Gareth Hicks (December 2003) with the kind permission of the publishers from the CD of the same title as the main heading. (Archive CD Books)
Place names are as written unless clearly misleading.


Llangoedmore

Is a widely scattered parish on the river Teify, 1 1/2 miles east from Cardigan station on the Cardigan and Whitland branch of the Great Western railway, in the county of Cardigan, Troedyraur hundred, Lower Troedyraur petty sessional division, Cardigan union and county court district, rural deanery of Sub-Aeron, archdeaconry of Cardigan and diocese of St. David's.

The church of St. Cynllo is a building of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, porch and a central turret with spire, containing one bell: there are 180 sittings. The register dates from the year 1725. The living is a rectory, tithe rent-charge £440, average £326, net yearly income £230, in the gift of L. H. Jenkins esq. and held since 1893 toy the Rev. Richard Bowen Jenkins M.A. of Queen's College, Oxford.

There are two Baptist chapels.

Lloyd Bronwydd esq. is lord of the manor. T. F. Lloyd esq. is the principal landowner. The soil is loam and clay; subsoil, rock. The chief crops are oats and barley. The area, is 4,849 acres; rateable value, £4,252; the population in 1891 was 784.

Assistant Overseer, John James, Wellelwyd.

The nearest post, money order & telegraph office is at Cardigan

A School Board of 7 members was formed 11 June, 1874, for the united district of Llangoedmore, Llechryd & Tremain; Ivor Evans, clerk to the board; David, Jones, Quay street, Cardigan, attendance officer

National School (mixed), erected in 1849, for 60 children; average attendance, 32; William George Davies, master

Private Residents

  • Evans, William Picton; Treforgan
  • Gabler, Miss; Glantelig
  • Howell, Col. John Richard D.L., J.P.; Pantgwyn
  • James, James
  • James, Joshua
  • Jenkins, Rev. Richard Bowen M.A.;  Alma grange
  • Jenkins, Lawrence Hugh J.P.; Cilbronanau
  • Jones, R. Lloyd;  Llwynllwyd
  • Lort-Phillips, Mrs. ; Glannarbeth
  • Morgan-Richardson, Chas. Evans David; Noyaddwylym
  • Morris, Daniel; Brynteg
  • Rynes, Mrs. ; Fernhill
  • Thomas, Miss; Rhydfach
  • Vaughan, Mrs
  • Williams, Miss; Tanners hall

Commercial

  • Davies, David, farmer; Blaenpistill
  • Davies, David, farmer; Gwernmedd
  • Davies, David, farmer;  Pantydwr
  • Davies, John, farmer; Wernynad
  • Davies, John, farmer; Rhos-y-llyn
  • Davies, John Roger, frmr.; Court farm
  • Davies, Margt. (Mrs.), farmer; Pencraig
  • Davies, Mary (Miss), frmr.; Cwmarch
  • Davies, Owen, farmer; Derwenlas
  • Davies, Thomas, farmer; Pantybwtler
  • Davies, Thos. grocer, & drpr.; Milestone
  • Devonald, Thomas, farmer; Cawrence
  • Edwards, Evan, farmer; Penpark
  • Edwards, John, farmer; Canllef-as-fach
  • Evans, David, miller; Blaenpistill
  • Evans, Griffith, farmer, Blaenwenen
  • Evans, Richard; farmer; Cryngamawr
  • Griffiths, Thomas & Evan, woollen factory; Trewindsor
  • James, Griffith, farmer; Ffynonllygoden
  • James, James, farmer; Rhoshill
  • James, John, farmer; Crugmawr
  • James, John, farmer & assistant overseer; Wellelwyd
  • James, Owen, farmer; Penffynon
  • James, Samuel, farmer; Havodlwyd
  • James, William, farmer; Canllefas
  • James, William, farmer, Dyffryn
  • Jenkins, David, butcher; Parkllwyd
  • Jones, David S. farmer; Llwyngrawys
  • Jones, John, farmer; Parke
  • Jones, Levi, farmer; Penralltucha
  • Jones, Mrgt. (Mrs.), frmr.; Tynewydd
  • Lewis, Jn, & Stphn. frmrs.; Pantgwyn
  • Lewis, Dvd. frmr. & carpntr. ; Llainivor
  • Lewis, Griffith, farmer; Wellewen
  • Mitchell, Ann (Mrs.), miller; Felinfach
  • Morris, Evan, farmer;  Crugdu
  • Owen, John, farmer;  Troedyrhiw
  • Owens, Hannah (Mrs); Penllan P.H. Penpark
  • Rees, John, blacksmith
  • Thomas, Evan, mstr. mariner; Cwmtivy
  • Thomas, James, blacksmith
  • Thomas, --- (Mrs.), farmer; Lleinepryse
  • Timothy, Dvd., mstr. mariner; Penmorfa
  • Williams, John, builder; Felingenllo
  • Williams, Owen, farmer & registrar of births & deaths; Brongwynmawr

[Gareth Hicks: 3 December 2003]