Lewis 1833 on Genuki (Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833 )
Ebeneser Welsh Ind chapel, Tynewydd, Llangybi
Ebeneser Welsh Ind chapel, Tynewydd, Llangybi SN61035323 First chapel built 1771/2, rebuilt/modified 1837-41,1852, 1859/60, 1890. Records; 1. births & bapts 1821-37 PRO & in IGI 2. see Cilgwyn Wes. chapel Still open 1998 (1) & (4)
Ebenezer Ind Erected in 1772 David Stephens, Ind Minister (listed under Lampeter) 1851 (2)
Ebenezer Cong Bapts 1821-37 PRO (3)
Ebenezer Welsh Ind chapel Opened 1772 Births and bapts 1821-37 at Cer RO (7)
Cilgwyn Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Llangybi SN60755301 One of oldest causes in CGN, an Independent chapel before the 1760s, drifted to Arminianism, became Wesleyan in 1863 Chapel first built c.1654, rebuilt 1825, 1840 & 1906. Records; 1. see Old Church book of Cilgwyn NLW 2. births & bapts 1770-1885 NLW 3. Deaths 1820-87 NLW 4. see Wesleyan circuit records in Wesley chapel, Lampeter Not still open 1998 (Urdd meeting hall). (1) & (4)
Cilgwyn Chapel Arminian Presbyterians "Established in 1654 and removed and rebuilded in 1840 in the same parish" "This Place of Public religious Worship was first erected on part of Farm called Cilgwyn in the parish of Llangybi (as it was engraved on a stone on the front of the Building) in the year 1654. And now on a more convenient site on a part of a Farm called Penybanc in the same Parish and commonly called Cilgwyn Chapel" Evan Lewis, Minister 1851 (2)
Cardiganshire Family History Society - Index to deaths and burials in Cardiganshire from non-conformist records is available on fiche. Check details on their site, for this parish includes ; Cilgwyn (Wes.Meth., 1820-87).
Maesyffynnon Welsh CM chapel, Maes-y-ffynnon, Llangybi SN60575283 First chapel built 1795 in Betws Bledrws parish Chapel built 1836/7 here, rebuilt 1881 Sunday School formed 1810. Members; 35 in 1837, 68 in 1902 Still open 1998 (1) & (4)
Capel Ffynnon CM "Erected first in 1795 in the Parish of Bettws Bledrws, rebuilt in the Parish of Llangybi in 1838" John Jones, Manager 1851 (2)
Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans. Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.