GENUKI Home page upLlangynfelyn Contents Contents

 

 

Llangynfelyn chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (March 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar

 Other sources

Independents

  • There was no Independent chapel in this parish but on the Llancynfelin  site are baptism entries for Llancynfelin people baptised in 1811-21  by Azariah Shadrach who was the minister at Bethel Ind chapel, Talybont and Capel Seion, Aberystwyth

 

 

Methodist

Rehoboth Welsh CM chapel, Tre Taliesin

  • Rehoboth Welsh CM chapel, Tre Taliesin           SN65769143              Started c1773, school built 1791, chapel (re)built 1833, 1899.         Members; 300 in 1850      Records;   1.  births & bapts 1821-36 PRO & in IGI         2. Register of bapts 1812-85  NLW        3. register of members 1845-1929   NLW      4. register of members 1858, 1871, 1874     NLW      5.   Sunday school register 1897-1914    NLW              Still open 1998    (1) & (4)
  • Rehaboth   CM            Erected in 1833          Thomas Davies, Elder, Taliesin    1851  (2)
  • Rehoboth CM  Tre Taliesin      Bapts 1812-36 PRO     Bapts 1812-85  NLW    (3)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
  •  
  • On the Llancynfelin site for this chapel are;
    Baptisms 1812-1850  (inc. ministers' names)
    List of members 1859
    Annual Report and list of members 1949
    Pew Rent accounts (with names) - a few sample years between 1894 and 1975
  • Cardiganshire Family History Society - Index to deaths and burials in Cardiganshire from non-conformist records is available on fiche. Check details on their site, for this parish includes ; Rehoboth (Cal.Meth., 1877-79, 1943, 1947, 1953).

Soar Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Tre'r-ddol

  • Soar Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Tre'r-ddol        SN65959215      Cause started 1804     First chapel built 1809 with burial ground, rebuilt 1845 , enlarged 1864, rebuilt 1877        Records;  see Aberystwyth circuit records  under Soar, Aberystwyth           Still open 1998    (1) & (4)
  • Soar  WM        Erected in 1806, rebuilt in 1845        Thomas Jones, Class Leader, Post Office, Taliesin      1851  (2)
  • Soar/ Hen Gapel  Wesleyan, Tre'r-ddol     Bapts 1835-1964    NLW      (3)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
  •  
  • No graveyard
  •  
  • Rev Edward Jones, Wesleyan minister, Wesley Villa, Trerddol       1910   (5)
  •  
  • On the Llancynfelin site for this chapel are;
    Sunday school   Some years between  1842-56 -  List of teachers and statistics
    Members of classes 1871
    Trustees 1895
    Aberystwyth Wesleyan circuit.    Baptisms for Llancynfelin 1815-37  
    Articles from " Yr Eurgrawn Wesleyaidd" (The Wesleyan Treasury) which relate to this parish
  • On the Llancynfelin site is also a photograph of Hen Gapel, the original Wesleyan chapel before the new one was built in 1845
    The MIs for this chapel are transcribed here and cover the period 1845-1900  (21 of them)
  • Photograph on Dyfed FHS  (New chapel)
  •  
  • Closed 2002
  
Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 16 Oct 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI