The data below has been extracted by Gareth Hicks (February 2004) with the kind permission of the publishers from the CD of the same title as the main heading. (Archive CD Books)
Place names are as written unless clearly misleading.
Llanina is a parish in the county of Cardigan on the shore of Cardigan Bay and near the harbour of New Quay, and is 13 1/2 miles north-west from Llanybyther station on the Manchester and Milford railway, 5 1/2 south-west from Aberayron, 15 north-west from Lampeter, 22 north-east from Cardigan and 282 from London, in Moyddyn hundred, Aberayron union, county court district and petty sessional division, and in the rural deanery of Glyn Aeron, archdeaconry of Cardigan and diocese of St. David's.
The church of St. Ina, rebuilt in 1850, is an edifice of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave and porch, there is one bell, and the church affords 80 sittings. The registers date from, the year 1780, previous to which date they are incorporated with those of Llanarth. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanarth, tithe rent-charge, £300, average £222, joint net income £350, in the gift of the Bishop of St. David's, and held since 1894 by the Rev.Thomas Meredith Williams B.A. of St. David's College Lampeter, who resides at Llanarth.
There is a Congregational chapel.
Llanina, the property of Mrs. Longcroft, is now occupied by Frank Halliwell Carew esq. Sir Marteine O. M. Lloyd bart. is lord of the manor. The principal landowner is Mrs. Longcroft.
The soil is clay; subsoil, gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area comprises 1,046 acres, of which 2 are water ; the population in 1891 was 178.
Letters through Llandyssil are received at 10 a.m. & 1.30 p.m. ; dispatched at 10.15 am. & 2 p.m
This parish is included in Llanarth United District School Board
Board School (mixed), built for 80 children; average attendance 65.
For names of residents see Llanarth and New Quay
[Gareth Hicks: 16 February 2004]