Davies, D. J. Hanes, hynafiaethau ac achyddiaeth Llanarth, Henfynyw, Llanllwchaiarn a Llandyssilio-gogo. Caerfyrddin, W. Spurrell (1930) [BM YA.1995.b.886].Many family trees, lists taken from parish records etc.,details of well known men, much text in Welsh but some English.
Evans, Myra. Atgofion Ceinewydd [Newquay]. 1961 . Here is a review and an index by Mary Jane Stephenson There is also an index to this book on the Ceredigion Library site
Meyrick, Sir Samuel Rush.(1783-1848) The History and Antiquities of the county of Cardigan. Collected from the few remaining documents which have escaped the ravages of time, as well as from actual observation. Longman: London ,1810. The history and antiquities of the County of Cardigan ... to which are now added a parliamentary history, list of High Sheriffs, some notes on the present county families, &c., &c. repr. Brecon: 1907. This 1907 print has now been reprinted. The brief section relating to this parish is on page 239; the church is a rectory, the incumbent was the Rev Mr David Jenkins.
*Passmore, Susan . Farmers and Figureheads . Dyfed County Council :1992. An essential and informative book for anyone with ancestors in New Quay and surrounding areas in Cardiganshire in the 19th century.Of particular value is the list of ships that were built or sailed from New Quay but, in addition to all the information to do with the sea and associated trades, there are details of farming, education, religion and politics.
Passmore, Susan . One Village's War; New Quay 1939-1945 . Published 1995
Passmore, Susan . Newquay at the time of the 1851 census. Ceredigion : Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, Vol X ,No 3, 1986.
Williams, Boyd. A Ride Through History. Cardiganshire FHS journal vol 2/9, Oct 2001. The author rides around the New Quay area on his horse,Tywysog, and describes some of the places he sees.