GENUKI Home page upLlanarth Contents Contents

 

 

Llanarth chapels

 

For further details of this project see Cardiganshire Chapels Database

Compiled by Gareth Hicks (Feb 2007)

Sources

NB.  Not all available data was necessarily used from sources - and sources 1 & 4 have been combined as similar

 Other sources

 

Congregational

Brynrhiwgaled Ind  chapel (near Synod Inn), Pentre'r-bryn

  • Brynrhiwgaled Welsh Ind chapel, Pentre'r-bryn     SN39895508      Built 1781, rebuilt 1894-7     Still open 1998        (1)
  • Brynrhiwgaled Welsh Ind chapel     Opened 1781   Still open 1992     (7)
  • Brynrhiwgaled Ind  (near Synod Inn)     Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Nov 2006) 

Llwyncelyn Welsh Ind chapel, Llwyncelyn

  •  Llwyncelyn Welsh Ind chapel, Llwyncelyn          SN44155947         Preaching pre 1800    Built 1855      Records; 1. register of members 1855-99 NLW    2.  register of members 1898-1909  NLW     3.  See Neuaddlwyd, Henfynyw parish             Still open 1998          (1) & (4)
  • Cardiganshire Family History Society - Index to deaths and burials in Cardiganshire from non-conformist records is available on fiche. Check details on their site, for this parish includes ; Llwyncelyn (Ind., 1856-64, 1900-03)
  •  
  • See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
  •  
  • Photograph on Dyfed FHS

Mydroilyn Welsh Ind chapel, Mydroilyn

  • Mydroilyn Welsh Ind chapel, Mydroilyn             SN45825526          Started 1750, chapel built 1753, rebuilt 1832 (1837), 1898.      Records; 1. account books 1880-1914  NLW      2.  See Neuaddlwyd, Henfynyw and Llwyncelyn                   Still open 1998          (1) & (4)
  • Mydroilyn Ind           Erected in 1835        David Davies, Teacher       1851  (2)
  • Mydroilyn Welsh Ind chapel     Opened 1753     Still open 1992   (7)
  • 450 seats      1910   (5)
  • Photograph on Dyfed FHS

 

Pencae (Pen-y-cae) Welsh Ind chapel, Pen-cae

  • Pencae Welsh Ind chapel, Pen-cae      SN43115665         Started 1819, chapel built 1825; rebuilt 1856.             Records;  1. register of members 1841-72, register of bapts 1841-74, marriages 1854-64, burials 1839-69   NLW  & part in IGI    2. See Neuaddlwyd and Penrhiwgaled                  Still open 1998    (1) & (4)
  • Penycae Ind              Erected in 1825            Evan Williams, Minister     1851  (2)
  • Pen-y-cae Welsh Ind chapel          Opened 1826       Bapts 1841-74, burials 1839-69  NLW     (7)
  • Pen-cae, Cong,  Llannarth   Bapts 1841-74  NLW    Marrs 1854-64  NLW   Burials 1839-69  NLW    (3)
  • Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)

 

Methodist

Fronwen Welsh CM chapel, Llanarth

  • Fronwen Welsh CM chaperl, Llanarth             SN42575761          Started ca.1760 & built 1796, rebuilt 1818, enlarged 1834, renewed 1857. Vestry added 1923.   Members; 66 in 1902   Closed pre 1998    (1) & (4)
  • Fannwen (or Tonwen?)  CM      Erected c 1779         "..... we are joined to the Chapel called Ffos y Ffin"               William Lewis, Elder     1851  (2)
  • Rev Owen T Vaughan Davies CM minister  living at Brynheulog       1910  (5)
  • Hanes Methodistiaeth, rhan ddeheuol Sir Aberteifi : oddechreuad y "Diwvgiad Methodistaidd" yn 1735 hyd 1900 . By John Evans.   Dolgellau , 1904. (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church History in the southern part of Cardiganshire from 1735 to 1900) This book contains an entry for each CM chapel in existence in South Cardiganshire at the end of 1900, including this one. It includes a history of preaching in the area before the chapel was built, lists deacons, ministers etc, and contains a wealth of genealogical information.

Capel Vicer Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Capel Vicar

  • Capel Vicer Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Capel Vicar         SN45225640        Started 1806, chapel built 1810; rebuilt 1849       Records;  see Lampeter Circuit Records under Lampeter and the Aberaeron Circuit Records under Henfynyw          Still open 1998        (1) & (4)
  • Capel Vicar   WM    Erected in 1810           John Rees, Local Preacher       1851   (2)
  • Capel Ficer, Wesleyan M       Bapts 1839-1973    NLW    (3)
  •  
  • Photograph on Dyfed FHS
  •  
  • Photographs of the headstones at the Capel Vicer Wesleyan Methodist Chapel graveyard - Contributed by Russ Davies to the Find a Grave site

 

Return to top of page

[Gareth Hicks: 16 Oct 2011]

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

InfoFind help, report problems, and contribute information.

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI