Llannerch Aeron Contents
The data below has been extracted by Gareth Hicks (November 2003) with the kind permission of the publishers from the CD of the same title as the main heading. (Archive CD Books)
Place names are as written unless clearly misleading.
Is a parish in the county of Cardigan, beautifully situated in the valley of the Aeron, 12 miles from Lampeter, the nearest station on the Manchester and Milford railway, 2 1/2 from Aberayron, 18 from Aberystwith, and 24 from Cardigan, in the Moddyn hundred, Aberayron union, county court district and petty sessional division, rural deanery of Glyn Aeron, archdeaconry of Cardigan and diocese of St. David's.
The church of St. Non is a plain edifice of stone in the Early English style, consisting only of nave and an embattled tower containing one bell: there are 130 sittings. The registers of baptisms and burials date from 1730; marriages, 1754. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Dihewyd or Dichwood, tithe rent-charge £200, net income £180, in the gift of Mrs. M. A. Lewis and the Hon. G. Vaughan, and held since 1875 by the Rev. Rees Williams, of Queen's College, Birmingham, who resides at Dihewyd.
Llanerchaeron is the seat of Mrs. Lewis,who is lady of the manor and principal landowner.
The soil is heavy; subsoil, slate and gravel. The chief crops are cereals, but most of the land is pasture. The area is 1,242 acres; rateable value £787; the population in 1891 was 173.
Letters from Ciliau Aeron R.S.O. delivered at 12 a.m. The nearest post office is at Ciliau Aeron, & nearest M. O., T. O., S. B. & Annuity Office at Aberayron
The children of this parish attend school at Ciliau Aeron
Return to top of page
[Gareth Hicks: 23 November 2003]
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996