The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales., by Jones, I.G. & Williams, D. UWP, Cardiff, 1976. These statistics for this parish or chapelry are extracted from this book which in turn got them from the 1851 census itself;
- Area 5443 acres; Population 594 males, 692 females, total 1286
Places, villages, farms etc within Llansanffraid as shown on the online parish map from the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R.). (Extracted by Gareth Hicks)
- Llansanffraid (54); Afon Clydan; Allt-goch; Allt-lwyd; Bryn-amlwg; Carn-foel; Garn-fach; Gilfach-goch; Glan Peris; Hafod-wynog; Lan-las; Llanon (village?); Llansantffraid (village); Maes-pwll; Morfa; Nebo; Pant-anamlwg; Pen-ty-parc; Pen-y-fagwyr; Rhyd-y-dorth; Tryal mawr; Ty'n-y-bedw; Wern-llaeth
Kelly's Directory South Wales 1895
With the kind permission of the publisher, these extracts are taken from " The History of Cardiganshire" by S R Meyrick, 1810, specifically the reprint of the 1907 imprint published by Stephen Collard in July 2000.
- "This parish is delightfully situated on the sea-side, and consists chiefly of low land, so advantageous for barley, that when manured with the sea-weed mixed with dung, successive crops of that same corn have been raised on it for upwards of sixty years."
- "The church is dedicated to St Ffraid Leian, daughter of Cadwrthai, of Ireland. She is called by the English St Bride ; and she lived about the middle of the seventh century."
- In the church, on the south wall of the nave, is a black mural monument with an inscription to one Lewis Davies of Perth y Gwenyn, gent, who died in 1747 aged 52.
- "The names of the four last incumbents [of the parish church] are ; 1730, the Rev. - Lloyd ; 1736, the Rev. Richard Morris ; 1747, the Rev Jenkin Jenkins ; and 1764, the Rev. Isaac Williams."
- "In this parish is the hamlet of Llanon, where are the remains of its ancient chapel...........its name has been given in consequence of it having being dedicated to St Non, the same person to whom Llanychaeron church is dedicated."