We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Tregaron Historical and Antiquarian

By Rev D.C.Rees, Llandyssul :1936.

Here is a Contents listing provided by David Pike, June 2003, also a list of residents of the parish from 1654 to1670

Click  here for the position with lookups


Return to top of page

1. Tregaron, the Situation
2. Topographical Writers
3. The Lordship of Caron 1096-1588
4. Caron - the Patron Saint
5. The Parish Church
6. Bwlchgwynt Chapel
7. The Wesleyan Chapel
8. The Historic Farmsteads of Caron
9. The Wells, Rivers, Lakes, The Fairs
10. Fortified Camps
11. Gors Goch Caron
12. Ancient Families & Notabilities
13. Educational Progress
14. Prehistoric Finds
15. Miscellanea
Chronological Table
List of Subscribers


Return to top of page

This is a non alphabetical list of residents of the parish from 1654 to1670 culled by the author from 'Llyfyr Gwyn'

Gwilym Bevan
Phillip Bevan
Thomas Bevan
John Clement
Jenkin David, Bwlch-y-ddwyallt
David John ab Rees David
Evan David, Weaver
Edward Evans, Maesllyn
Thomas Jenkin, Gough
John Griffith
David Herbert
Edward Herbert, Penybont
Thomas Hebert
Richard ap Hugh
John Haberley
Evan John Jenkins
Griffith Rosser
Oliver Richards
Thomas Rowlands
Evan Trahayarne
Roger ab Evan Jenkin
Morgan John, Llanayron
Erasmus Lloyd, JP
Phillip Lloyd
Gwilym Lloyd
John Morgan, Maynor y Mynydd
Ffelix Mathias, Tyhen
Rees Mathias, Troedrhiw
Morgan Nicholas
John Oliver
Hugh Philip
Selbie Phillip
David Rees
John Rees, Argoed
Richard Rees, Tuy-yn-nant
John Rosser, Ystrad
Edward Vaughan
Jenkin Williams, Bron-mwyn
Peter Williams
Charles Herbert, Pant-y-sheriff