Some church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales. Ed. by I.G Jones, & D. Williams. UWP, Cardiff, 1976. The names are those of the informants
- Abergorlech Chapel A Perpetual Curacy David Jones, Perpetual Curate
- Abergorlech New Chapel Ind "The first meeting house was blt in the years 1740 and the second in the year 1781 and this in the yr 1828" Stephen Griffiths, Deacon
Parish entry from The Welsh Church Year Book, 1929 (Cd by (Archive CD Books)).
- Parish Church
- Incumbent and Curates; E Davies
- Rural Deanery of Lampeter
- Acreage --- ; Population 231
Jones, Evan. Byr gofnodiad o fywydau nifer o aelodau ymadawedig eglwysi Crugybar ac Abergorlech, yn ystod gweinidogaeth y Parch Evan Jones, Crugybar (Llanbedr Pont Steffan, 1856). Cyhoeddwyd gyntaf yn Y Diwygiwr, 1856.
From old Abergorlech Church site - "St Davids Church is situated in a tranquil and beautiful part of the Cothi valley. William Pantycelyn was curate at St David's church and Daniel Rowlands Llangeitho also brought the teaching of Christ to this area"