We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Documents at the National Library of Wales relating to various Carmarthen Estates and Families
- Records deposited by D.M.C.Charles deriving from the office of Barker, Morris & Owen of Carmarthen, solicitors.
- Deeds and documents (1720-1938) of the Davies family of Llwyn, Cardigan and Ffrwdfal and Rhosybedw in Carmarthen. Nat. Library of Wales.
- Manuscripts of Alcwyn C. Evans (1828-1902), antiquary, relating mainly to the history and genealogy of the town and county of Carmarthen, including volumes of pedigrees of the gentry of South Wales[NLW MSS 12356-88]
- Letters and papers relating mainly to the Charles family of Carmarthen and the Davies family of Aberystwyth and Cwrtmawr [ NLW MSS 10549-50 & 12894]
- Estate records, 1576-1936, relating to the family of Philipps of Cwmgwili, Carmarthen and the family of Jenkins of Cilbronnau, Llangoedmor.
- Jones Charity. Records relating to the charity established by John Jones of Carmarthen, physician (died 1697), for the benefit of the poor of several Pembrokeshire parishes.
- Papers of the Rev. Thomas George Davies (1900-77), Baptist minister, including records of the Presbyterian College, Carmarthen, 1846-63.
- Papers of the Spurrell family of Carmarthen, including William Spurrell (1813-89), founder of the House of Spurrell, printers and publishers.
- Deeds of Carmarthen town and Dyer of Aberglasney, 1709-1851.
- Manuscripts of Henry Thomas Payne (?1760-1832), archdeacon of Carmarthen and antiquary.
- Estate records, 1576-1936, Êrelating to the family of Philipps of Cwmgwili, Carmarthen and the family of Jenkins of Cilbronnau, Llangoedmor.
- Records of the Presbyterian College, Carmarthen, 1820-1951.
- Records, deposited by Mrs Johns and Mrs Brown of Trenewydd, of estates of the families of Thomas of Carmarthen, and of Posty and Cilciffeth, Pembrokeshire; and others, 1488-1926.
- Records from the offices of Barker, Morris & Owen, Carmarthen, solicitors, in which Griffith Einion Owen was a partner, C18-C19. Includes records relating to the following estates and families: Cwmgwili, Gwynne of Garth, Scurlocke of Carmarthen, Johnes of Hafod, Lloyd of Mabws and Penty Park, Phillips of Laugharne, Lloyd Jack Hughes of Tre-gib, Rees of New Inn, Morgan of Carmarthen (ironmasters), Morris of Carmarthen (bankers), Lloyd of Abertrinant, the Brigstocke family, Edwardes of Trefgarn, Jones and Griffiths of Alltyferin and Llwyn-y-brain, parish of Llanegwad. Include also manorial records, C18-C19; office records, C19; records of Carmarthen borough and records of iron and tinplate industry, all late C18-C19.
Gareth Hicks, 1 Feb 2000