Dyfed FHS have photographs and data relating to various churches and chapels on their site
Parish registers: Christenings (1708-1977), Marriages (1708-1973), Banns (1790-1913, 1932-69) and Burials (1708-1976) are at the Carmarthenshire Record Office.
Microfiche Parish registers: Christenings and Burials (1708-83), Marriages (1708-1812) are at the National Library of Wales.
Copy ts PR/BT index C (1689-1812) M (1699-1820) B (1679-1976) at NLW
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1679, 1690, 1698-9, 1702, 1707-8, 1717-22, 1724-33, 1735-1800, 1802-56, 1858-62) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by the LDS.
Marriage index for this parish - see Dyfed Marriages, 1813-1837, Vol. 19 - Carnwallon Hundred (Dyfed Family History Society, c1989)
An index to Marriages (1708-1837) is included in the South And West Wales Genealogical Index CD-ROM - details under Genealogy on Carmarthenshire county page.
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
- Sardis (Baptist, c1820), Sardis Records with those of Adulam (Llanelli) On Dyfed FHS
- Bethesda Baptist chapel, Pontardulais Rd, Tycroes SN60111037 Built 1838, Status (1998): in chapel use. Coflein On Dyfed FHS (under Llandybie)
- Calfaria Baptist chapel, Iscoed Rd, Hendy SN58060367 Built 1884, extended 1889, modified 1905. Still open 1998 Coflein On Dyfed FHS See John Ball's site Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection for a photograph/data
- Caersalem, Ammanford Rd, Ty-croes (Calvinistic Methodist, 1850). SN60741107 Built 1876 Status (2000): in chapel use. Coflein On Dyfed FHS (under Llandybie) Caersalem, Heol Rhydaman,Tycroes CM chapel - still open in 2006
- Ebenezer (Calvinistic Methodist, c1740), near Tycroes Births and baptisms (1812-37) PRO RG4/3820, LDS 828111, IGI On Dyfed FHS Ebenezer Llanedi CM chapel - still open in 2006
- Libanus CM chapel, Sawel Terrace, Hendy SN58090371 Built 1868-9, enlarged 1880 Still open 2000 Coflein On Dyfed FHS
- Tynewydd (Independent, bef 1650), Hendy Rd/Iscoed Rd, Hendy Births and baptisms (1745-1816; 1811-37) PRO RG4/3819 and RG4/3772, LDS 828111, IGI SN57980366 First chapel built 1712 (see Hen Gapel below); rebuilt/modified 1858 & 1876. Present chapel rebuilt 1900 Still open 1998 Coflein On Dyfed FHS Capel Newydd Ind chapel, Hendy shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006) See John Ball's site Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection for a photograph/data
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches),4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Maureen Saycell (Mch 2009)
- Hen Gapel (Ind), Hendy SN57220345 Built 1712, extensively altered c 1900. Still open 1998 Coflein Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
- Soar Independent chapel, Bronallt Rd, Hendy SN58220375 Built 1884, enlarged 1894. Not still open 1998 Coflein
- Moreia Ind chapel, Pen-y-Garn Rd, Ty-croes SN60761053 Built 1876 Still open 1998 Coflein Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
- Bryn Seion Wesleyan Methodist chapel, Bronallt Rd, Hendy SN58190381 Not open in 1998 Coflein
- Gospel Hall/Evangelical, Tycroes (Neuadd Efengylu ) Built 1932 Status (2002): chapel Coflein On Dyfed FHS (under Llandybie)
Hendy, Yr [formed out of Llanedi]
Christenings (1911-77) Marriages (1892-1977) Banns (1925-74) at Carm.RO